Friday, June 18, 2010

What I'm Reading: Jesus Rediscovered

I am personally convinced that our Western European civilization is approaching its end. This is an absolutely basic part of my thinking, which governs all my feelings about the world that I live in. There is to me every symptom of our civilization petering out. This was bound to happen sometime; it just seems to me to be happening now, when I am alive. I think there are advantages in living at a time when a civilization is coming to an end; in such a situation, one can much better understand the nature of power, just as one can better understand the nature of the body when one is sick. In a dying civilization one is at least not taken in by power and authority, as one easily might be when conditions are flourishing.


Anonymous Anonymous said...


are you getting desparate enough to read a book that "let's the light of Jesus into one's heart" in these days of economic uncertainty and high unemployment?

Hey, CA's unemployment actually went down in May 2010, from 12.5% in April to 12.4% woohoo! wow a whole .1%, a tenth of a percent.

12:05 AM  
Blogger gary said...

If only I were part of that .1%.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blog Directory Anti-Bush Newsgroup Blogarama - The Blog Directory