Friday, June 18, 2010

What I'm Reading: Jesus Rediscovered

I am personally convinced that our Western European civilization is approaching its end. This is an absolutely basic part of my thinking, which governs all my feelings about the world that I live in. There is to me every symptom of our civilization petering out. This was bound to happen sometime; it just seems to me to be happening now, when I am alive. I think there are advantages in living at a time when a civilization is coming to an end; in such a situation, one can much better understand the nature of power, just as one can better understand the nature of the body when one is sick. In a dying civilization one is at least not taken in by power and authority, as one easily might be when conditions are flourishing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary,

are you getting desparate enough to read a book that "let's the light of Jesus into one's heart" in these days of economic uncertainty and high unemployment?

Hey, CA's unemployment actually went down in May 2010, from 12.5% in April to 12.4% woohoo! wow a whole .1%, a tenth of a percent.

12:05 AM  
Blogger gary said...

If only I were part of that .1%.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blog Directory Anti-Bush Newsgroup Blogarama - The Blog Directory