Sunday, June 06, 2010

What I'm Reading: Jesus Rediscovered by Malcolm Muggeridge

This sense of being a stranger, which first came to me at the beginning of my life, I have never quite lost, however engulfed I might be, at particular times and in particular circumstances, in earthly pursuits--whether through cupidity, vanity, or sensuality, three chains that bind us, three goads that drive us, three iron gates that isolate us, in the tiny dark dungeon of our ego.
Christianity, it seems to me, is now in total disarray, and visibly decomposing, to the point that, short of a miracle, it can never be put together again with any semblance of order or credibility. In their present state of decomposition the various Christian denominations are not even an impediment to Christian belief, but just a joke.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dr. Kiss Injure said...

If you haven't yet read The Last Temptation of Christ, you definitely should. As you may know, Christ would have never been crucified had he not gone up against the Empire..and...oh yeah, and pissed off the Jews!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blog Directory Anti-Bush Newsgroup Blogarama - The Blog Directory