Monday, March 13, 2006


Bush Document

AGENCY: CIA
RECORD NUMBER: 104-10073-10155
RECORD SERIES: JFK
AGENCY FILE NUMBER: 80T01357A

[Redacted] [Felix Rodriguez?]
St. Petersburg, Fla.
October 5, 1961
Dear Bush:
Three weeks ago I finally left Cuba, fortunately with no trouble to speak of. I have been visiting my family in St. Pete, after having spent some time in Miami getting my bearings among the "active exiles", and expect to head North in about a week. I plan to spend a few days in Washington and then go on to New York. I would like very much to keep in touch with the Cuban situation and to remain as active as possible, within the limitations of whatever job I get.
Although a lot of water has gone over the dam since last we spoke, about which the less said the better, I remember your comments about the feasibility of an arrangement along these lines. I would therefore like to encourage from you any suggestions you may be able to offer in this respect. I am naturally very interested in receiving the opportunity of discussing the situation and my possible contribution with qualified persons in Washington. What do you think? So far my only contacts are Senator Smathers, whom I hope to see here in St. Pete on the 9th, and a man named Raskin who answered a letter I wrote Bundy asking for an appointment. Raskin is on Bundy's staff.
Bush, you may be out of touch with the Cuban problem, but in case you are not and have any ideas I will appreciate hearing from you. I expect to be here another week and then drive up in a little VW I bought in Miami. In Washington I will be staying at my cousin's, [redacted] Bethesda, Maryland. In any event I will look forward to seeing you soon.
Best Wishes,
[Redacted]
If I had to take an educated guess as to the author of this letter, I would go with Felix Rodriguez. His book Shadow Warrior shows that he infiltrated Cuba before the Bay of Pigs invasion, and after it he took asylum in the Venezuelan embassy. In September 1961 he was granted safe conduct out of the country, arriving in Caracas on September 13, and arrived in Miami on October 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blog Directory Anti-Bush Newsgroup Blogarama - The Blog Directory