Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Darksider (aka Dick Cheney):

He is pathologically (but purposefully) secretive; treacherous toward colleagues; coldly manipulative of the callow, lazy, and ignorant President he serves; contemptuous of public opinion; and dismissive not only of international law (a fairly standard attitude for conservatives of his stripe) but also of the very idea that the Constitution and laws of the United States, including laws signed by his nominal superior, can be construed to limit the power of the executive to take any action that can plausibly be classified as part of an endless, endlessly expandable “war on terror.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now Cheney is increasingly cornered -- and increasingly defiant, like a gangster determined not to be taken alive. As for that "gut feeling" that we've been hearing about? I don't deny that the U.S. has real and dangerous enemies on the al Qaeda model. But that may not be all. Ron Paul has recently hinted that we should be alert to the possibility of a staged terror attack. Hello, emergency powers; good bye, civil liberties. . . .

Am I suggesting that Dick Cheney is
disloyal enough to do such a thing: he who conspired to out a covert CIA agent? Am I suggesting that Dick Cheney has sufficient contempt for legal and moral norms to do such a thing: he of torture and extraordinary rendition?

Yes and yes. I have a queasy feeling that this is a dangerous moment in the life of our polity and its constitution.

2:39 PM  
Blogger M1 said...

One of my best buddies hunts with Dick. He thinks Dick an amiable fella.

My friend likes the Kennedy's - and they truly dig him.

My friend chills with Mondale.

My friend loves weed.

My friend will swear he doesn't know me if confronted with these factoids.

My friend misses Scarsdale. Go f*cking figure.

I shit ye not.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blog Directory Anti-Bush Newsgroup Blogarama - The Blog Directory