Thursday, January 11, 2007

Robert Anton Wilson, author of factual and fictional conspiracy books, died today. In his last blog post, Saturday January 6, he wrote Please pardon my levity, I don't see how to take death seriously. It seems absurd.

From his post of December 5:

Wavy Gravy once asked a Zen Roshi, "What happens after death?"

The Roshi replied, "I don't know."

Wavy protested, "But you're a Zen Master!""

Yes," the Roshi admitted, "but I'm not a dead Zen Master."


I recently ran a quote by poet and blogger Piergiorgio Welby, who died recently:

"Dying must be like falling asleep after making love, tired, tranquil with that sense of wonder that pervades everything."

Then again maybe his last words were "aarrgh!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blog Directory Anti-Bush Newsgroup Blogarama - The Blog Directory